If you were to advise the younger you, what would it be?




Photo credits: Pamela OweišŸ˜
Yesterday, I put up a WhatsApp status posing a question to my contacts: "If you were to advice the younger you, what would it be?"


This was not to dig up regrets or anything of sorts. It came from a place of love. Such conscious revaluation can help us know when to help out a teenager around us.

Would it be coincidence if I mention that the two ladies who responded said they would advise her to fear less?
Their  words;

A: “there is nothing to fear... love yourself more.”

B: “fear less, have more faith in yourself, speak up when you're hurt.”

And for me too, that's one thing I would also tell the younger me. I've passed on things because of fear; what if I can't do it. What if it doesn't work. This way we keep losing out on opportunities. We stall our growth. 

If you were to advise your younger self what would it be?


This is mine

Be more outspoken. Go for what you want. Show up for your dreams. Don't spend so much time on romance novels, lol.

In these few lines are the power to a whole different life.


The younger us is now grown into this us. If the advice is still valid, take it. If not, hold on to it, soon you would begin to notice the young ones around you who need to hear them and you would  share same with them.

We are here for all of us.
This is our one shot at greatness!

Comments

Popular Posts