Leadership nuggets: Act, darling!




What makes a good leader is not simply the acquisition of new information; rather, the application.
We live in a world where it’s become easy to get trapped by information overload. Our white screens keep pushing new thoughts and ideas into our face that most times, it takes real deliberate effort to calm down and digest. Truthfully, this is one of the reasons I drew back a bit from Facebook. I love new information. Come on, I like to be in the know. But I had to work out a system that enabled me to actually understand and practice what I read.

Like John Maxwell said, “you must keep improving yourself, not only acquiring knowledge to replace what you forget or what’s out-of-date, but building on what you learned yesterday.”


I began to learn to take pauses. As I read new books, I made notes of striking points and resolved to go back to properly read and digest. I try to put some of the new information to task and see if they really work…

About a month ago, I began to read the ‘5 love languages of children’. To be honest, at a point I began to wonder how nicely families would flow if parents really communicated to their different kids in the language they understood. As my brothers were the experimental specimens close to me, I got to the lab. Hahahaha
 I had a few thoughts as to what their preferred language could be but I decided to ask them pointedly. So, as we paced up and down the runway that evening, I began to prod them to talk. And talk, they did. That singular act made the words I read in that book real. Because at a point I began to wonder if children really thought about things like the book claimed they did. “Did they really think about things that deeply?” Through the act of putting words to work, I discovered that they did and even much deeper. It’ll amaze you to know how much your 10 year old sees.

Back to you, dear leader (in waiting): make conscious and deliberate efforts to put that new and vital information to test. You’ll be much better for it.

Leadership lesson: Obtain information; apply them!
Leadership quote: “Don’t let your learning lead to knowledge. Let your learning lead to action.” — Jim Rohn

I love you!
Remember, you’re light; shine!
💌💌
You might want to share this article/blog address with your friends… please do!

PS: If you missed the first post on this series, this is it.

Have you read ‘self-improvement 101’ by John Maxwell? Well, I made some notes, here.

Comments

  1. Wow..I just went through this and honestly, just wow!! At times, you gotta take a purse..put to use what you've already gathered. Get practical with the bits on information at your disposal and watch them come alive.
    Thank you once again. Keep up with the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Practice what you've already learnt. Thanks for dropping by😄

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts